How to protect your smartphone against hackers ?
Cybersecurity is one of the greatest problems of the 21st century. There are many people in the world who want to get their hands on your personal data: chinese spies, russian trolls, criminals after your bank account... Thankfully, there are a number of ways you can protect yourself against the, if not fully then at least to a degree. These are some of them:
- regularly update your OS.
- do not install apps from unknown sources. Best to limit yourself to Apple and Google stores.
- make sure to change the fabric password of your phone.
- create reasonable passwords. "1234" will not fool anyone.
- if you are using an unsecored Wi-Fi, do not log into any sensitive websites, e.g. your bank account.
- use VPN
- turn off Bluetooth when not using it.
- turn off the whole device when not using it.
- make sure to have installed an up-to-date antivirus software.