What NOT to do when your phone went for a swim:
1. First of all, do not panic. There are worse things in life, like hunger, disease and PewDiePie.
2. If your phone is soaked with something relatively thick, like fruit juice, do not waste your time. Nothing can be done.
3. Do not shake your phone nor blow hot air into it. It might easily push water particles deeper inside the device.
4. Do not turn the phone on, nor connect it to a power source. Worst case scenario, the battery might blow up.
5. Do not submerge the phone into rice. Yes, rice does pull out some of the water, but it will never reach into the deeper corners of the phone.
What to do when your phone went for a swim:
1. Honestly, just go get it fixed by a professionalist. Most of the soaked phone cases end with a dead unit, especially when people try to fix them themselves. Still, if you are certain you want to give it a try...
2. Turn the phone off.
3. Carefully pull it apart into smallest parts possible.
4. Put them somewhere dry. The parts can dry out in sun, except for the battery.
5. Alternatively, you can use Waterrevive Blue. It is a special liquid that draws water and corrosion out of the phone.